Duties pertaining to the County Board of Elections:
This office is charged by the Commissioners with the responsibility for registering voters, providing voting places and supplies for elections, supervising the official count of votes casts, and preparing the ballot.
- Prepares ballot copy for the printer.
- Retains polling places.
- Retains/payment of local election board members.
- Distributes and receives campaign expense statements/reports.
- Certifies elections results.
- Distributes and receives employee's determination forms for filing statements of financial interests.
- Distributes and receives statements of financial interest for candidates and public officials/public employees.
Facts pertaining to the Registration Commission:
- Distributes and receives voter registration forms.
- Processes new registrations, moves, change of politics, etc.
- Furnishes street lists (alphabetical listing by street of all individuals registered to vote within Somerset County).
Qualifications of Voters
If possessing the following qualifications, you are entitled to make application to register to vote: - You have been a citizen of the United States for at least one month before the next election
- You have been a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the next election
- You will be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election.
Each applicant should be advised that any intentional false statement on the application constitutes perjury and will be punishable. On December 26, 2000, the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court ordered the removal of the felony conviction prohibition as a qualification for voter registration. When completing the Voter Registration Mail Application (VRMA), a convicted felon who is released from prison may make application to register to vote by striking through the felony conviction line at Section 9(2) on the VRMA and signing his or her name. The VRMA forms are available from all county voter registration offices as well as state offices that provide public assistance and services to persons with disabilities.
- Registration is permanent as long as there is action on the file.
Somerset Co. Election Board
300 North Center Ave
Somerset Pa. 15501
Phone: (814) 445-1549
Director of Voter Registration & Elections
Hours of Operation:
Except on Legal Hoildays